Saturday, February 15, 2020

Book Review: Hidden Files: Tales of Cyber Crime Investigation

This book is a surprise! I picked it up for some light reading and finished it at one go. What i love best about the book is its precision. It covers - the case, the investigation, the result. No judgements, no hyperbole, no sweat and toil and best of all, no warnings, lessons, 'I-told-you-so's.

Cyber fraud is not new in our world. Most cases in the book deal with civil offences (except two, one with national security and the other with a crime). But they all affect lives, and they all hold lessons of hope. Usually, when I read about cybercrime, inherent in that is the story of "Don't do this" or "Don't do that". But here , the message I got at the end of each story was - don't worry. No one gets away with this. We have what it takes. I Loved that positive message.

Should children read this book? 
Of Couse! All children above the age of 12 MUST read this book. It has nifty stories that read like detective fiction, except, they're true!

Since the book itself is very succinct and to the point, I think the review should be like that too.

I'd love to read more by this author (Have ordered his second book already)

No comments: