Saturday, July 28, 2018

Parmanu - Movie Review

Just finished watching Parmanu. I LOVE YOU, John Abraham! What an amazing movie!!!!




It is easy to call an Army officer a patriot. But to create movies like Madras Café and Parmanu is an act of patriotism too. This movie made me realise that Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the PM who made the Buddha smile.. it was IMPORTANT. These movies tell us what recorded history could not. Like Amar Chitra Katha, they teach us through entertainment.




There, I said it. I LOVE YOU, JOHN ABRAHAM!




The greatest technical strength of the movie is its editing, followed by the background music.
The art direction and the sets.. it is so easy to overlook or take for granted the technical aspects of a film, but here, they just stand out.




Obviously, the director has done an excellent job. And the performers - every single one of them. Boman Irani ruled the screen from the first shot, but that was hardly a surprise. A friend mentioned that the female roles were great too. I don't know about that. I do know that nowhere did i see skin, no item song and in the entire movie, I tried to find a single shot that objectifies women, and, surprise surprise, it wasn't there! Can you even IMAGINE a Hindi movie that does not objectify the female body in some way?


When I told my son that the nuclear scientists paid with their lives and the mainstream media is not even talking abt the mysterious deaths of our nuclear scientists, that was another discussion point at home. Here is that media story.

2 comments:

Onkar said...

Will try and watch the movie. Thanks for the review.

How do we know said...

Onkar sir: Thank you!!