Tuesday, May 08, 2018

On kicking the bucket

I think
We all need
One final human connection
To say 'Goodbye' to.


Edited to add: Little did I know that within 3 days of writing this post, I will have to deal with the loss of a very respected person in our sector. Time has stood still since last afternoon, when a simple, one line message appeared "He expired today. Funeral tomorrow." The voice that answered the phone when I called back resembled my friend's voice so much, that for a minute, I thought that a practical joke has been played just to see who calls back to check. But it was his brother on the phone. The joke was played by God. He really was gone.


The world needed you a lot. You were fighting on behalf of lots of people who cannot fight for themselves. You have moved to a better world, but this battered one was not ready for that change just yet.

No comments: