Monday, May 28, 2018

A love poem

When you fall in love with me
It will not be
for my eyes (beautiful though they are)
or lips
or the shape of me.


When I fall in love with you
it will not be
for your kurta (though I dig them so)
or the shape of your jaw
or the shape of you.


When we fall in love
it will be
for reasons unknown
and never understood.


When it is over
That, too,
will be for reasons unknown
and never understood.


Some people,
they write
long, long love poems
describing
God knows what all.
You and I
will be
a saga
of reasons unknown
and things never understood.

2 comments:

kj said...

nice poem hdwk, and how true that we hardly understand the forces that bring us together and break us apart. sometimes I think it's all about time, place and circumstance. Other times I think it's destiny.

Oh those early days of falling in love!

love
kj

How do we know said...

Hi kj: :) I'm guessing it's universal - not knowing, and never understanding.