Saturday, September 08, 2018

Best Rom Coms on Netflix India

If you are like me, you dig rom coms.


Finally, I found some good Rom coms on Netflix. Here goes:


Our souls at Night

If you like old fashioned romance (and I do), then this is the movie for you. An old woman goes to her neighbour and asks him if he would consider putting her to sleep every night, so both of them can draw solace from each other's presence and sleep better.
The man accepts. And what follows is a complete romance. I am not a fan of Mills and Boons. This is real. It has people who deal with a lot. And very few mushy scenes. Their underlying strength as they deal with questions from everyone. Their underlying companionship. The easy camaraderie with Jamie.


I loved every frame in this film. Its not a mush fest. Its intelligence, perseverance and a very good cast. The background score? That's a HUGE bonus. Loved every single track on the OST of this film.

Once Again


One of the BEST rom coms of recent times. The only similarity with Lunch Box is the food connection. Nothing else.


The movie runs at a really slow pace. Every action is deliberate, every expression on every face gets the attention that it deserves. But here is the funny thing - it never gets boring. Not even for a NFS junkie like me. (Ok, I am not really a NFS junkie. But I find slow real boring)


I love Shefali as an actress. Always have. And this movie gives her the stage that she deserves. The cinematography deserves special mention. I love it when light is used to good effect in a film. In this film, it is. Mumbai is also highlighted well. But it doesn't become a glittering Diva from its real personality. You just see some key locations at night.


Qarib Qarib Single



Here is a confession - This movie is special to me because of Gangtok. Because it was shot to show my favourite table at my favourite café in Gangtok. Some day, I am going to sit at that table and write my life all over again.


The story is really sweet. The acting is par excellence. The plot? Not so much. But the whole experience of the film is sooo.. romantic. And so real.







2 comments:

Himanshu Tandon said...

I disagree big time on 'Once Again'. Not only was the movie slow and dim witted, barring the camera work, nothing clicks. The brewing romance as depicted is as hollow as the plastic, illogical anger of the son.

How do we know said...

Hi HT: well, perspectives.