Saturday, July 08, 2017

We don't live in a world of circumstances




How many times have you heard people complain about other people? Things? The government?
Today, give it a shot and count. Chances are, we hear complaints at least 100 times a day. With friends, from teachers, on social media, in the traffic.
Now, take another survey. How many times in a day do you hear – “I am going to change this in myself to make that better.” I haven’t heard that in ages.
When I was very young, I went to my grandfather with a complaint. He listened to me and then asked, “Very well. What are you going to do to change that?”
“Me? But I am only a little person!”
“But you are one person, and you are affected. What are you going to do to change that?”
On that day, a transformation happened. That day, I stopped complaining, and started asking the question, “What am I going to do to change that?”


Think about that around you – are you going to stop taking shortcuts to your tuition class? Are you going to start doing your homework so that the teacher doesn’t have to be rude?
We often think that we live in a world of circumstances. We don’t. We live in a world of possibilities.

No comments: