Monday, November 13, 2023

On the end of a friendship

And once again, I have blabbered too much. 

I always hate opening my mouth and not knowing when to shut it. 

But these are curious days and curious times. 

Still. The Entire Diwali pooja was rotten. And this, for someone who decided to not give another human that kind of power over their lives. So much for resolution. Now for the other kind of resolution - the kind that happens on its own. We make peace with distances and come to terms with absences. 

********** 

It is always apparent

when it is imminent

And yet 

the end of a friendship 

takes us rather by surprise. 


Grief 

like seasons

must be lived through. 

************ 

Good while it lasted. 

Better when it was good. 

Best to leave it behind. 




4 comments:

Snowbrush said...

I would like it if you would talk about what happened because perhaps that would give us a basis for conversation. In any event, I know what it is to lose a friend (having written recently in great detail about losing my best friend who later killed himself), and I am sorry for your sadness. I also know what it is like to talk too much, the fact being that I'm not around other people much, and when I am, I sometimes freeze, and other times become more talkative than I would like.

I wish you well.

How do we know said...

Hi Snowbrush: Thanks so much for those warm words.

I read your post about losing a friend, and the hurt in that really touched me to the core. Hopefully, I will come out of this - largely untouched, and still willing to trust, laugh, and goof. :)

Snowbrush said...

"Hopefully, I will come out of this - largely untouched, and still willing to trust..."

I no longer have friends other than the ones who are online, and they have slightly less power to hurt me. When I was much younger, I was needy and looked too much to other people (particularly women) for answers and goodness. Now that I am aware of how very limited people are, I am both less needy and less lonely than when I was surrounded by people who I considered friends. The reason for the latter is that when I had friends, I was disappointed in what I was receiving from them, feeling, somehow, that there MUST be more to them than I was experiencing. Now, I see that my disappointment ran both ways, and I cringe at some of the ways I hurt others. I still fantasize about having a friend, preferably a male friend, yet I go nowhere and see no one (aside from shopping and medical visits.

How do we know said...

Hi Snowbrush: Online friends are really, really good. My best friends are from this blog - they knew me from the blog first.
Wishing you health, and contentment. And, I am glad for the exchange.