Friday, May 24, 2019

Elections 2019 - Why did Modi win?

Elections 2019, the BJP has come back to power with a much larger majority than in 2019. 

A lot of people on my timeline today are confused. How did Modi win? So I've tried to create a table that kind of explains the perception of both sides. In case it helps anyone.

Disclaimers: 
1. This is a purely personal analysis.
2. My own political views and biases are as under:
 A. Indian National Congress: My hatred for the INC is deeply personal. I will release that hatred after justice is served for breaking up my family in 1947, and then for subjecting us to religion based violence in 1984.
B. Aam Aadmi Party and BJP: I don't think of the Aam Aadmi Party at all. They are not on my thought radar. About the BJP, I am positive but wary.
C. All others: What others?





3 comments:

Himanshu Tandon said...

Well written and good logical synthesis too.

How do we know said...

:) Thank you HT.

J P Joshi said...

A very beautiful and factual analysis, I believe.

I admire this great leader of India, who will be remembered much later for making every Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, etc into an equal citizen of mother India. Unfortunately, divide and rule was started by the British, perfected by INCIndia at the national level, and adapted to the regional level by family satraps. I have never seen secularism or democracy at risk during his 5 years, as has been repeatedly pointed out by the so called secular, democratic 'self, family, friends & associates' parties. His govt did for all, and now with the latest addition to 'sabka saath, sabka vikas' of 'sabka vishwas', he will be immortalised.