Since quitting in October 2016, we have made some simple changes in our lives that have had a huge impact on our health and wellness..
- No Aspertame . Plant a stevia and use the leaves.
- Eat food that remembers where it came from.
- Food: Locally sourced, produced in India.
- We stopped eating organic dals when I realised that they don't sprout. We have gone back to the normal dals and they sprout and we are happy.
- When you are sleepy - sleep. When you are hungry - eat. When you are not thirsty - still drink water. Missing someone? Call. When you are not well - don't pop a crocin and report to work. Rest and let your body recover.
- Make your own stuff - it is easy to make labels for school, colors for holi, and diyas for Diwali.
- Have a kitchen garden - it doesn't matter how small it is - 2 pots, 3 pots.. anything. As a family, watch things grow. its very important to nurture and watch them grow.
- Playing a lot of board games as a family, inviting anyone who visits to join in.
- Meditate a little. And pray. Everyday. Even it if is a cursory bending of the head in front of the temple on the way out.