Saturday, October 02, 2010

Investment strategies my grandparents taught me..

1. Plan for the biggest expenditure first.
2. If it doesnt make common sense, then it doesnt make any sense.
3. Protect your assets and dont blame the managers.
4. While running after Lakshmi, NEVER overlook the importance of Saraswati (meaning, if you have 2 potential partners - one, whose ability to create material wealth is proven but his maturity is slightly lower, and second, who will not help you make as much money, but is a more mature/ wise person, go for the latter.)
5. ALWAYS use a part of your income for charity, and make sure your children know of it.
6. There comes a time when any incremental wealth / income will give u disproportionately more heartburn/ stress. Know what that point is for you. Dont go beyond it.
7. Remember that the reason why you are trying to make all that money, is to be able to sleep peacefully. And remember that peacefully is the key word.
8. Gold never grows old.
9. Dont invest in stocks. Invest in businesses. And then stay.

PS: I will keep adding to this post as more and more things come to mind. I have to put it at one place.. for moi! :-) And.. Thank you!! (to the Grandparents)

9 comments:

Megaupload said...

Great plan !
Thanks to your grandparents !
Bookmarked it.

D said...

Investment strategies my parents taught me:
Enjoy within your means and money will take care of itself!
:)

BK Chowla, said...

One should learn from those with experienc.

PA said...

Nice! Liked it!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Play the lottery often...

Canadian Pharmacy said...

That is terrific and so well thought out. Usually I won’t make comments on the internet, However , I have to give you props on this one. Great blog

CY|\|O$|_|RE said...

excellent post....

Constanta said...

Great and nice plan!
Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

car insurance missouri Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share Maria , auto insurance texas