If you've read this blog for any length of time, you have been subjected to Esha at least once.
Esha is an initiative that works towards employment for the visually disabled. What sets it apart is that Esha does not make contract workers - we are in the business of creating blind entrepreneurs. All our sevice offerings are such that they can be best delivered by a blind professional. In addition, we groom the person to take on additional responsibility for the other aspects of running a service setup independently.
The current service offerings of Esha are:
1. Braille enabled visiting cards - our flagship product. Your regular visiting card, gets a distinct identity with a few raised dots.. Braille.
2. Theater Workshops - These versatile workshops help in sensitisation, team building and a general good time. They are available for office teams, teachers, others in a work environment. Personally, methinks the ppl who benefit most from these workshops are kids - gives them a total change of perspective that is VERY good for their general life coping skills.
3. Tactile Maps - These, alongwith the braille enabled visiting cards, are the quick fixes that get you brownie points with very little effort. For a visitor to see your braille enabled cards, and then to see tactile maps being available.. is very impressive. They don't have to know it took less than 2 hours of one person's time to get it all in place.
4. Accessibility Audits: These are for the really involved. Any facility - public or private, can get an audit to figure out how well a blind person would fare in your space.. its an eye opener. But the real eye opener is the simple steps that come in the report. Imperceptible changes that make one realise how easy it is to make a space accessible for everyone.
5. Braille Greeting Cards - Any card with braille added to it, or a special card made all in braille with words of your choice.. perhaps even an embossed image.. they're fun things to send to a blind school on the New year.. or on the birthday of a child.. The Blind never get greeting cards.
So, thats about Esha. To know more, go to www.braillecards.org
And if you are interested in partnering with Esha for your corporate social responsibility initiatives, contact Esha at email@example.com
The Esha blog is here.