Monday, December 07, 2015

Review of Tamasha - the Film

Perhaps the critic in me speaks before the viewer .

The use of music is great, the cinematography does justice to the location - Corsica, France. The mimicry act by Ranveer adds to the viewability. But I couldn't help missing Nargis Fakhri in a similar role in Rockstar. I think Nargis did better. And Ranveer was repetitive.

And... you can't make up for a non existent, weak script. A strong story, perhaps. A boy finally comes into his own after abject failure on all fronts. But it didn't leave that strong an impact. There were too many distractions. Or maybe I am not qualified to watch the fillum.

As a viewer, good light hearted fun, excellent locations and some amount of wit.
 
The "Let me find my own  destiny" storyline is now done to death - Almost as much as "rich boy-poor girl" or "lost in mela" plots of yesteryears.
 
All in all, for the same story, Rockstar was better. WAYYYY better.
 

1 comment:

Gentle Breeze said...

Hey HDWK
Great review! Sadly I have seen the film as well..so can't avoid it

Music to me was the only thing that held me plus Corsica to some bit..the way the movie opens to dreamy kid - pushy dad, gave the plot away. The end was an inevitable. Expected more from Imtiaz Ali - but can't make JWM everytime :)