Monday, March 08, 2010

Happy Women's Day

Every year, on this day (and on many others), i think of the poem "Every Woman Should Have" (google and you can read it). I love this poem. Its inspirational almost, and very soothing.

But this year, i bumped into another list , which is hilarious and... well, novel.. so here then is the list, copy pasted from here.

1. Hard-boil an egg (Earlier this year, my sister asked me how, but I’ll cut her some slack; she was only 25.)
2. Diplomatically tell Mom to butt out
3. Ace a job interview
4. Ask a man out
5. Send a thoughtful thank-you note
6. Listen to a friend in need
7. Ask for help
8. Effectively end an unhealthy relationship (romantic or platonic in nature)
9. Beautifully wrap a gift
10. Say “no” gracefully
11. Whip up a great dinner with the five items in her fridge
12. Forget pleasing him, by 30 a woman should be able to tell her man exactly how to please her
13. Sew a button
14. Mix a kick-ass cocktail
15. Take off her bra without removing her shirt
16. Apply lip gloss in the dark
17. Balance her checkbook
18. Create a budget
19. Find the best deal
20. Negotiate a salary and/or pay raise
21. Read a map
22. Hail a cab
23. Say something in French just for the hell of it
24. Apologize when she’s wrong
25. Dress for her body type
26. Change a flat (or know whom to call to come change it)
27. Spot a fake (handbag, diamond, potential friend …)
28. Feign interest
29. Know what to tip on a $25 dinner bill
30. Hold a baby (Hey, someone you know is bound to have one sooner or later.)

What's your score? (How many of these skills can u say Aye to?) Mine is 20. :-(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this list :)
Scored 24 :)))
Now let me google that other list!

Neha said...

the score is 24! :)

Aradhna said...

Mine is 23

deep said...

hey nice list..but my score is just 15.. :(..well have time before i turn 30 :P

anyways i couldn't locate that poem u have mentioned..

Ratzzz said...

28!!! 28!!! wow!! and i am not even that old, ha ha ha...

BK Chowla, said...

Not even 15

Z said...

Mr Chowla, I like your number best! Not that I expect you to know how to ask a man out...

Can't do 20, because I've no interest in money. Not much practice at 14 because I usually take my drinks straight. 27 takes a while, because I accept most people at face value until I have a clear indication.

The most recently learned was 7. I finally found that, if you are perceived as strong (didn't know that until 17th March 2003), the biggest compliment you can pay someone is to ask for their help. I've taken note ever since, but it took a while to learn.

human being said...

#7 is so difficult for me...